What Is Internet Marketing Law? – Cyber Law

You’ve got the idea, you’ve got the drive, and you have the resources…but where do you go from there? Many Internet Marketers never consider the foundation of their business, instead choosing the “fly by the seat of your pants” approach. It doesn’t work, and many who have tried this approach fall down in flames or file for bankruptcy. Consider this: you know a little bit about building houses, so you decide to build your own. You build your two story house in 3 days, with only the knowledge you have and with as cheap as materials as possible. How long do you think that house will stand up when the window blows, or a hard rain comes? It won’t. Instead, you’ll be looking at a pile of rubble asking yourself what went wrong.What went wrong is you didn’t get the right advice from the start. A study done by the National Federation of Independent Business’ Education Foundation found that nearly 2/3 of all new businesses start in the owner’s home. That is 67%, an astounding number. Of that, only 39% are ever profitable. So what’s the secret to the other 61% that were profitable? Planning. A trusted team of advisors. Luck. And sound legal advice.Internet Marketing generally encompasses any of the following:- Affiliate Marketing
– Article Marketing
– Blogging
– Pay Per Click Ads (PPC)
– Banner Ads
– Social Media Marketing
– E-Mail MarketingIn truth, there is a lot more than just the above. Internet marketing law involves aspects of business law, internet law, advertising law, and even tax law. The types of questions that usually come about are “Is my blog legal” or “Can I buy this domain name and not get in trouble?”. The answer depends on the facts as there is still no clear cut answer. The law has been slow to catch up to technology, so with each passing day more and more questions are being asked and not being answered. So before you jump into the internet marketing business, make sure you contact a trusted advisor.